Sunday, February 18, 2007

2007 So Far...

I didn't realize it's been nearly four months since my last post. It's been so hectic, where to begin?

Next month, on March 13th is the DVD release of HORROR BUSINESS by Christopher Garetano. I strongly recommend everyone to go out and buy it. It's a great essay on independent filmmakers and what makes people like us tick. I remember showing it to my friend Eric and afterwards he told me "I didn't know it was that hard." Congrats Chris.

Also, COTTONMOUTH, which I was assistant director on, should be released soon. From what I've seen so far, it looks amazing. Everyone worked their asses off on this one and I can't wait to see the reaction to this. Again, Chris has proven to be a good man and an extremely talented filmmaker, who is deserving everything coming his way.

Chris also concepted for me the Colonel's Crypt, which I've been contributing to Deadpit. Now I gained the nickname of The Colonel from Chris as while I was helping him with both Misfortunate Son and Cottonmouth, I was mainly scheduling meetings in many aspects. Chris liked how I handled things and called me the Colonel, like Elvis' manager. It stuck and now everyone calls me Colonel. I have to admit I wasn't too keen on it at first but I've grown to love it. Anyway, Chris suggested a forum to celebrate independent horror and the Colonel's Crypt was born. A mixture of convention reports, editorials, and interviews, so far the response has been good and I thank everyone for their support.

2007 is a month old and there's a lot to look forward to this year. In August, I'll be 30 and I'm embracing this age. In many ways, I feel 20. I haven't really grown up yet and I'm doing what I love while making a living working hard at what I do. It's not always easy, and sometimes I'm not the most pleasant guy to be around, but I am always appreciative to everyone who has helped me, and even those who have held me down. If you learn one way, your train of thought follows and you can't adapt to change.

There will be new projects this year, new short thrillers, and more projects with my good friend Billy Lamont. I'm also, around the summer, going to completely revamp the website and offer a lot more, including Colonel's Crypt archives and other stuff.

OK, it's 3am, time for sleep. Even nightmares can be enjoyable.

Stay cool,
Scott

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home